Sunday, February 19, 2012

Back Pain Relieve

Back Pain

Get to read from an article online (Health.com) that there are 4 surprising cures for back pain. It really interests me when it comes to back pain as it was one of my articles too that I’ve posted last year April titled spinal cord injury. Though the recommendation in this article about back pain are not really for those hardcore back pain patients (must seek professional advice) – but it might provides a bit of relieves, which might help improves the conditions. Listed below are 4 types of recommendation to relieve back pain.




Yoga
Taking 12 weeks of classes led to greater improvements in function for adults with chronic low back pain versus receiving conventional care (like meds or physical therapy), research published in the Annals of Internal Medicinefound.
Massage
Chronic low back pain sufferers who got weekly massages reported less pain after 10 weeks than those who didn’t, according to another Annals of Internal Medicine study.
If your pain is muscle-related (say, due to tight hamstrings) it might be worth a try, says Heidi Prather, DO, chief of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Acupuncture
Patients with low back pain who went under the needle were more likely than those receiving conventional care to see improved symptoms, one study found.
Talk Therapy
In a 2010 study, patients who participated in group cognitive behavior therapy for three months had twice the improvement in chronic low back pain as those who hadn’t.

Of all the four, my support gives to Yoga & Massage – this is because I always stresses on having exercise at least 3 times a week. Yoga is a form of exercise where you can do it anywhere, especially in the comfort of your home without requiring any extra equipment except for some space and a yoga mat. On top of that, yoga is a proven form of exercise method that will improve/relieve back pain. In general, exercise also helps us relieve stress and keep us healthy.
Where massage relieves our muscle and stimulates blood flow to our muscle and veins – I personally tried it myself and it really helped relieve my back pain (I have minor lower back pain due to long period of sitting at my workplace).

Hot Spring
Besides of the 2 methods above, I personally think that hot water also relieves back pain too. I hear it from the old folks at the hot spring place where I go regularly – they are said to have back pain last time and since after they started hot spring few years back, now they no longer having back pain and can move easily too. For me, hot spring is my favorite - whenever my back pain visits me, I will visit the hot spring, and it never fails me by relieving my pain for 3-4 days. Of course it won’t be permanent for a short time, but it will get better in times. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have found some of most crucial information about the used therapy like a acupuncture, yoga and massage about to get back pain relief. It's fantastically looking one of worthy experienced source for me. I am really surprised to see this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete