Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back Pain Relieve II

I’m getting stressed up lately at my work. I don’t get to complete my compulsory errand, I don’t get to do what I plan to do, I don’t get enough exercise and rest to release my tension. All I get is work, work and more work without really having a proper rest physically and emotionally.

Recently I realize my attitude changed to become more fierce and bad tempered. I will have negative thoughts like he/she must be simply take leave and don’t want to work – it just get on my nerves and I don’t know why I acted like this. Because I always have the mindset of “if I help people, people will help me back”, I will try as much as I could to work for them. I think because of excessive work that stresses me out - tried to control myself but sometimes it just burst without control.

Long time sitting on my workplace (I’m working 12 hours) makes my lower back and neck pain. Stress makes my trapezius muscle (muscle between deltoid and neck) to get stiff till I can feel minor fatigue and pain. A day off is very precious to me and I have to utilize it fully to make benefits out of it. So I woke up early at 6.30am and went for a 2 hours morning jog and exercise at Titiwangsa a park nearby my house. Then I went for a Chinese traditional reflexology to aid my stiff traps and back pain. While massaging, the therapist told me that my trapezius muscle a bit hard caused my neck to pain because everything is somehow connected with each other. Lower back pain may cause our leg muscle pain – it is very amazing and unbelievable that everything is connected with each other like an electric wire. He told me to relax myself, not to drink cold water, do some stretching exercise, go swimming, make sure to walk straight, sit with a proper posture and etc.

It’s not that I don’t know – I wrote about it in one of my blog post. Problem is it is very hard and complicated to change what you never do or not used to do before. When I try to walk straight, my back muscle sore and when I sit straight, my butt and leg cramp and everything will be back to normal by then. All I can do is stretching before I sleep, swimming when I am free, and quit drinking cold water. Well at least the therapist told me that I must do twist of the waist once in a while when sitting for some time at workplace – this can reduce the burden to lower back and prevent sore/pain.

The best part about this Chinese traditional reflexology that I went to is it performs muscle massage and bone twisting. Every bone it twist I can hear the cracking sound like something has broken;/ Though it is scary at first, but I was in heaven after that. I feel very relax and the pain & sore on my body relieved – nothing beats that feeling of relieved;) The therapist then put some Chinese medicine on my pain area and I’m free to go. He asks to come again for another session, and I said yeah sure why not. It is so stress relieve after all. I went to Oriental Tit Tar at Taman OUG branch Kuala Lumpur - google it and you’ll find other branches close to you.  
The conclusion is:
1.       Don’t sit for too long
2.       Fit your time with some stretching or exercise
3.       Don’t overwork – get time to relax
4.       Try to walk and sit with the proper posture.

No comments:

Post a Comment